Friday, October 17, 2008

taking things in perspective

I've posted 3 letters to all of you that were sent out recently. It's for all to view and pass it on to encourage your friends.

There are up and down days. Down when I get hit with unfavourable news - after a good cry, God puts my mind to rest. We humans are resilient and bounce back quite easily. I'm not going to lie and say that it's all a bed of roses or that I'm super-happy.

Praise God for friends like you who treat me like family. I'm so grateful that you all support us all the way, pray and encourage us no matter what.

In all my life I've not been lacking in love department and I count myself blessed! There are millions of things to be grateful for and I don't want to dwell on the nasties because God has his plan in all things.

I've realised some things:
1. It's ok to grieve. Just place urself in God's arms, get up and walk again.
2. It's ok to ask for the priority seat in the MRT; even when students pretend to be sleeping on it(becoz now i look heavily pregnant). Just smile gratefully after they get up and say 'thank u very much'.
3. It's ok to tell people you're lonely.
4. It's ok to tell God you're sad.
5. My job is to let others know that God is good, all the time.
6. God has his perfect timing - in all things and don't forget that. In the grand scheme of things, our suffering is so transient, so insignificant. So put our trust in Him.
7. Don't let fear drive us to do silly things. But let perfect love motivate us to do even better things.

So let me stop procrastinating about things. I dedicate this time to honing my writing again and falling in love with my first love - reading.

2 comments:

Delwin Keasberry said...

Praying the will of God over your lives - including bubs.

Many blessings,
D&G

*** said...

Hi Char...
Just read your blog recently and wanted you and marcus to know that Da and i are praying for you both! In our weaknesses His strength is certainly made perfect! Praying for the little one and for perfect peace ... LOVE !!!