Monday, May 12, 2008

Help! I need to eat!

Eating has suddenly begun to be an ordeal for me. I sit staring at the rice on my plate and feel more and more grossed out as I shove another bak choy into my mouth! Food just tastes bad. I went to the ob-gyn yesterday and was placed on a scale and read out "Fifty-two kg". Height in centimetres? "168". The nurse took my blood pressure and remarked, "why are you so thin?" She couldn't strap the BP canvas thingy on my arm but did after the third attempt. She gave a frown working out the BMI reading.

I don't mean to be skinny. I'm only thick at the waist (and sometimes in the brain). I seem to have reverted to my five-to-seven year old days when I fall asleep on the dinner table, with the food watching me sleep. Yesterday afternoon my good friend and I were at Alexis (ok, i skived off work again - legitimate reason k?)Bangsar and she said she wanted to try the Tiramisu. I couldn't get 2 mouthfuls in! And this is the frigging most expensive and yummy tiramisu in KL! What I DID get in, the citron presse.

I'll never be anorexic because I simply cannot stand hunger. That goes for other pain-inducing stuff like tattoos, injections and the like.

Now with this stupid BMI reading I'm needing to put on 12-16kg in this pregnancy. What the HECK? I'll bet I'll cry a lot when I have to hit the gym post-natal.

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Preggers ah you?!?! ;)
Next time go Alexis call me ok? I finish your tiramisu for you.. hehe!!

Unknown said...

hey! welcome to the preggies club! i've got 3 preggies in my office alone! hahahaha

Joshua & Bryant's mummy said...

congrats gal, hehe how many weeks are you? when is baby due? stumbled upon your blog when I was searching for another fren's blog whose name is charlene too =p